but for now, i have to pack.
perhaps some of you can remember a tricia moving story or two? the day after graduation i was supposed to be out of my apartment at 2 pm. i didn't pack in advance. at all. my parents dropped me off after breakfast and some minor setbacks around noon. i proceeded to shove everything i own, with little to no organization, into trash bags, which then went into my car. i'd say it was a good two or three weeks before these trashbags made it out of my car and into my new room. and those were the lucky ones. i am 100% certain that there is at least one trashbag in my car currently that was placed in there on may 11th. packing is just not my forte.
in addition to packing, i have to pare down my wardrobe. i get two 50 lb suitcases. for a year. and as clothes aren't the only thing i'm taking (shoes, handbags, a towel or two to get me started, a year's supply of deodorant and other personal hygiene items which are unavailable in china, various other things one might need in life), i pretty much only get one suitcase for clothes. yes, yes i have done this before. i only had two suitcases for my semester in shanghai. i also got sick of my wardrobe about two weeks into the semester. and now i have to add teacher clothes to my wardrobe, which means less everyday clothes. at this point, if i were to be able to take all the clothes i wanted, i would probably have about 4 or 5 50 lb suitcases, without taking the weight of the suitcase into account. cool.
this should be a fun week....
3 comments:
Hey!
I just linked you on my travel blog. You should read my travel blog b/c I am for sure going to read and obsessively comment on yours! I hope that is ok...if not fuck you.
hello lady. i hope you don't mind me giving you some unsolicited advice, but i am a "master packer." i used space bags to pack for mexico (they have some that are compression bags, so you don't have to have a vacuum cleaner). i thought that they worked really well, and i ended up fitting about 2 1/2 to 3 weeks of clothes in one suitcase (along with some other things). as an added bonus, my things weren't too wrinkled by the time i got to mexico.
cassie
Ok so I'm not good at the blog reading thing so I just now read this... cool.
Anyway, I am not surprised that you fail at packing. I'm pretty sure your backseat was full the entire summer with random crap from your DLC room. Junk that I, and many others, sat on and potentially still have scars from... good times, though.
I miss you.
When you're on a plane tomorrow, I will be driving back from Lake Travis, potentially being sick into a trash bag that I will pre-pack. Always be prepared! haha
I love you!!
Post a Comment