So I’m almost 23… very weird. Obviously, I’ve been celebrating quite a bit. Friday night we ate at Din Tai Feng, which serves xiaolongbao. If you remember me raving about the most delicious food ever created (aka soup dumplings), that’s xiaolongbao. It was amazing. Even better, it’s right next to class, and while it’s a fancy restaurant, an order of dumplings is only 21 kuai, which absurdly expensive for dumplings (generally they max out at like 6 kuai), it’s still cheaper than mcdonalds.
After dinner we basically spent the entire night walking around deciding where to go. By the time we actually got to the bar we stayed at (bar bar, where I met crazy stalker guy) I was completely wasted off beer from convenience store beer. The bar wasn’t too crowded, so it was sort of like we had it to ourselves. We ended up going home with some girls that live close by so that we didn’t have to take a fucking expensive cab ride home. I had never really hung out with the girls we went home with, but we had a lot of fun and I’m going to make a point to hang out with them more now.
The next day, we were supposed to prepare for the party. All we did was construct a beer bong and sleep. Luckily, mike came to hang out, but since we were all passed out he got bored and cleaned our fridge for us haha. My party wasn’t super big (around 15 to 20 people?) but I really liked everyone who came. At one point we were playing kings and someone made the rule that you can’t wear pants while you drink., and all the girls happened to be wearing dresses or skirts and there weren’t many playing, so it was basically just a room of guys sitting in a circle with their pants around their ankles. Ben also made me punch for my birthday gift. Think panty dropper punch, but no actual juice, just liquor beer and tang. And by liquor, I mean baijiu,, or rubbing alcohol. Seriously, baijiu is so terrible if that’s the only option I just wont get drunk. But the punch ended up being pretty good. The party was mostly me running around being a drunken idiot, but super fun. At least to me.
Today I went with Stephen and Fred to Minsk World, which is basically an old Russian aircraft carrier. Of course, this is China, so there were dancers. It was completely absurd. At one point there were Chinese girls in sailor suits doing a flag twirling dance with British flags. Yeah, I don’t get it either. There were also Russian dancers. Tap dancers. One of the guys had the sweetest mullet on the planet. The girls kept making this terrible screaming noise. Seriously, I thought it was a bomb sound effect the first 3 times. Also, I got the coolest watch…ever. It’s metal and the links on the strap are shaped like bullets and the face is a gun, and you have to pull a little knob and chamber opens to show you what time it is. I’ll have to post a picture, because it is awesome.
Also, I would just like to note that all of this birthday celebrating has happened, and I still haven’t had my birthday.
1 comment:
Dear Tricia, HAPPY BIRTHDAY YOU HOT WHORE. I'm posting this message here because I am still shunning facebook. I miss you more than you can understand. I especially missed my dear Tricia on my birthday, it really wasn't the same without you, just as i'm sure your birthday isn't the same without me ;) I miss le peep with you. I miss online lollygagging with you. I miss planning reality shows with you. Mostly, I miss your body...
I love you terribly, hope you had a sexy birthday,
-Pauline
Post a Comment